Thursday, September 6, 2012

Jessica Ashley - Prelude

Story and interview by Chris Koppers/images courtesy of Jessic Ashely                                       
Jessica is a young and energic singer/songwriter from Long Island and her youtube channel gathers an enormous feedback. Her phone is glowing because of numerous producers dial her number for some serious business.

That does not surprise me and the reasons are pretty obvious - Jessica got what is takes to be a top notch music artist.

Jessica took some minutes for the following interview:
How did it all get started with your music?

Since I was a little girl, I've always been captivated by music. My parents gave me classical piano lessons at the age of 3, and by the time I was 11, I was already singing and writing my own music. Soon after, I began posting videos on Youtube, where I was discovered.

What is your current project?

I just released my first EP, "Prelude", on June 19th. It contains 5 songs that I wrote with some of the coolest producers and songwroters around. You can check it out on iTunes and www.jessicaashleymusic.com

Where will you see yourself in 2013?

I'm just starting to tour in support of my EP. Hopefully in 2013, I will be performing in a town near YOU!

What are the key elements for your music?

The piano is definitely a fundamental element that runs through the majority of my music. Most importantly, I try to ensure that my music is emotional and tells a story.

Who is your supportive person behind your music?

My manager, Johnny ,and my mom, Laura! Love them both!!!

How does an ordinary day in the life of Jessica Ashley look like?

Every day varies, but I normally wake up, workout, and work on my craft. Whether it is songwriting sessions, dance classes, or recording sessions, I try to use everyday to become a deeper artist.

Where is your favorite spot to perform your music?

One of my favorite spots to perform is "Pianos", down in the village. I really love the atmosphere and energy of that place!
What do you want to achieve within the next three months?

My main goal is to bring my EP to life with my live show. I would love to share the experience with as many of my fans as possible!

Thank you for taking your time, Jessica.

8 comments:

Luke D. said...

Cute girl with potential.

Thanks for sharing the interview, Chris.

Keep on rocking the music world.

Later,
Luke

Brian P. said...

Jessica is a bomb.
I have seen her Jessy J's cover.

Brilliant.

Thank you.

Brian

Anonymous said...

Sweeet.

Jeff

Sue W. said...

I like her channel.

Thank you for introducing her.

Xoxo,
Sue

Brittany said...

Jessica got an outstanding voice.

Thanks for sharing the interview with us.

Xoxo,
Brittany

Orlando G. said...

Almost every morning soemthing new on your blog.

Sweeeet.

Best,
Orlando

Joel said...

Have seen her on youtube.

This chick makes it top 10!

Best wishes,
Joel

Adam R. said...

I like her music. Great voice.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Adam