Saturday, September 22, 2012


Lisa Bianco - Momentum
Interview by Chris Koppers/images courtesy of Lisa Bianco

Just coming back from a tour on Italian soil, the exceptional Lisa had some moments for an interview on crankbox-music:

How was your recent tour in Italy?

I was great! Fantastico! European fans are extra special. They appreciate new music so much. I assume it its because not a lot of independent and new music from the states comes through Europe as much. So when you come around they treat you so well. I love Italy. Some of my family is here and I try to come every year. I meet many fans and make friends in my travels. A lot of good times over wine and food.

Your "Momentum" release offers brilliant songs. Let us take "Erase you", for instance - How was the first stage for composing this song? Where did you get the inspiration from?


Well, this song started off really slow and on the acoustic guitar. It had more of a sad tone to it. But as I was writing it along with lyrics, I felt it needed to be faster and have more of a "punch" to it. lol. The inspiration came from a prior relationship I had. I really wanted to be straight up on the lyrical content of how I felt.

What else can the buyer expect from Momentum?

You can expect a compact journey in 7 songs. It goes through many emotional feels. Reflection, sorrow and uplifting. I think it's something we can all relate to .

What are the plans for your future? Can you name us your mid-term and long-term goals?

I'll be touring through NY and NJ in the fall mostly. I am currently writing and finishing up songs for my new album. I hope to release it by the end of next year 2013. My band will be working up some of these songs for our shows coming up and debut them to our fans. Long term I think I can see a major tour in the works in the US and Europe as well.

What do you like most when are on stage?

What I like most is feeling the energy from the audience. I feel that is the purpose of the live show. That is why we and the audience are there. We are both are looking for an enlightening experience. You can't get that really from only a CD.

Would you behold yourself as a brand or as a female musician?

I am aware that I am a female in rock which is not very common today. And when most people hear of my name they assume I am not a band or that maybe I don't really "rock" so much live. haaa. When I perform with my band we definitely deliver a show with some bite.

What do you figure is easier - a male or a female musician's career?

This is a tough question. I am sure some feel its easy for a woman because she can easily sell herself as a sexual image to get noticed and gain success. However, I feel it is still a man's game or an old boys club. The truth is most gals don't perform rock n roll as much or really rock a guitar and do all the things "the boys do" in a rock band. So there can be some backlash stepping into their game. You have a bigger hill to climb. But with all that, male vs. female is not my agenda in what I do. To me music in genderless. If I want to wail on a guitar and spit I'll do that...and if I want to wear a dress and be pretty I'll do that!


Please complete.

a) My music is...
positive, moving, and could be your best friend when you need it.
b) My fans are...inspirational

c) The music industry is not ...what it used to be. Pull up your sleeves and get ready to work.

Where can we find/purchase your music?

Buy the physical CD / Vinyl / T shirts at: http://lisabianco.storenvy.com/
itunes worldwide: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/momentum/id475509274
 Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/Momentum/dp/B005ZLTLKO/ref=sr_shvl_album_1/184-1917983-3760268?ie=UTF8&qid=1326774311&sr=301-1

Thank you for taking your time, Lisa.

7 comments:

Paul NY said...

Hey hey,

You got an eye for classy music.

Thank you for introducing her.

Paul from NY

Denny O. said...

Can't wait till I see her live on stage.

Awesome.

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers,
Denny

Emily B. said...

Love, lover your blogzine and Lisa's music is brilliant.

Thank you for making this happen.

Xoxo,
Emily

Marie Cuttingham said...

Cool.

I already like her music.

Chris, you are the best.

Xoxo all day,
Marie

Rick the big said...

Smooth vibe, cool blog.

Have a great day,
Rick

Chuck L. said...

She is sooooo classy.

Thanks for sharing.

Wish you well,
Chuck

Bob said...

Outstanding. Can't believe I HAVE NOT heard of her, but thanks to crankbox I already love her music.

Thanks man.

Bob