Friday, August 17, 2012

Jenna Andrews - Tumblin' Down

Story and interview by Chris Koppers. Image courtesy of Jenna Andrews

Jenna is a shining personality with a thight schedule. Starting from zero, she climbed to the steep spot where she is right now, but that is just the beginning.
She is a go-getter with a certain charm and she owns a portfolio which is fully loaded with smashing lyrics and melodies.
Some may know her music which appeared in one episode of Grey's Anatomy.
I really appreciate her attitude and I am more than grateful she had some time for a short interview.


--- Interview ---


What are you doing right now?

I just finished my EP that will be coming out in the fall!

Where will you see yourself in 2013?

It's hard to say where exactly I think I will be, I love to live in the moment and see where the journey takes me.

Can you name us the sweetest moment of your music career? What happened?

Hmmm... The sweetest moment...

I would say one of the sweetest moments was when I was signed by LA Reid because I wasn't expecting to be at all and it was one of my first couple times to New York so the whole thing was exciting. Also the fact that I was signed the same day I showcased was also crazy.


Please pick one.

My music is...
a) my life. Music is all I've ever known and I wouldn't know what life is without it.
b) my way to express my thoughts and feelings.
c) to say 'thank you' to all my supporters.

b) and c)

What do you miss in today's music industry?

I miss record stores and the feeling of excitement when an album was just released and to be the first one in line to get it.

What do you prefer when it comes to your music?

a) solid melody with a hint of melanchony
b) bouncy beats with gleeful lyrics
c) a well-balanced mix of a) and b)

I like starting with a melody that I feel evokes the feeling for the song and from there i feel like it just becomes obvious to what the song will be about and how it will feel.

Where do you get your daily inspiration from?

It all depends on the day, sometimes it's listening to music, sometimes reading something inspiring or watching something that inspires an idea...


Thank you for the interview, Jenna.

http://jennaandrewsworld.com

5 comments:

Travis L. said...

Right, that was on Grey's Anatomy.

I love her style.

Thanks for sharing, Chris.

Best,
Travis

Susanna said...

I love her music.

Same for your blog.

Keep on doing it!!!

Xoxo,
Susanna from London

Anonymous said...

I like her music.

Thanks for the coverage.

Best,
Matt

Tina T. said...

Sweet sounds.

Great blog.

Xoxo,
Tina

Anonymous said...

Jenna Andrews on your blog!?!

Epic.

Please publish more.

Best,
Steve