Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tina Malia - Serendipity

Story and interview by Chris Koppers

Another gem for you, crankbox-music readers.
Tina is a dedicated lady, a multi-instrumentalist and she can cause tension in the air as soon as she starts singing. So amazing - that voice takes your shoes off. No wonder I had no choice to ask her for an interview.

Her music video "the lost frontier" shows her full spectrum. Classy and unconventional.  I cannot help myself, but her sound catapults my humble person to another galaxy (I bet you face the same destination).
Please note: There are, of course, more music videos of her, but it should be your pleasure to discover them.


Conclusion: Tina shows pure devotion.


--- Interview ---

What is your current project?



My current project is called "The Lost Frontier." It's an album I produced/engineered along with many great collaborators and musicians. It has a dreamy-electro feeling with lush vocal soundscapes and textures. The album will be available on August 16th.

Please pick one and tell us why.

My music is...
a) the way to open my heart to others.
b) for enjoying people around the world.
c) for paying my dues.
d) my life.

d) my life! Every thought, action and intention in my life has music at its core. I have started learning music from a very young age and have always felt like it's my first language. Music gives me an outlet to express every feeling I have - joy, sadness, gratitude, passion and awe. I can honestly say that I don't know how I would exist in this world without music.

How would you define success?

I define success as being able to look at your life knowing you have done your absolute best to accomplish your personal goals and dreams. For me, nothing compares to knowing that I'm giving 100% to whatever project I'm working on, big or small. That way, regardless of the outcome I still feel that what I've created is a success.

Who is the most supportive person when it comes to your music?

Hands down the most supportive person in my musical life is my manger Glenda. Her faith and encouragement never falters, not to mention the countless hours she spends organizing every facet of the business side of my career. I'm unbelievably blessed to work with someone who's not only a powerhouse in the world of business, but also has deep spiritual roots and endless wisdom. I could never have imagined someone so amazing would come in to my life!

Where will you see yourself in 2014?

On a big tour bus traveling to every city around the world that will have me!!! Singing, playing, writing, recording, working for many charitable organizations and doing my best to spread love across our spectacular planet........


Where can people find/purchase your music?

Please go to
www.tinamalia.com where you'll find links to hear music, watch videos, purchase songs/albums and become part of our community!

http://www.youtube.com/tinamaliamusic

 You have a well assorted portfolio. What is your favorite song you have performed so far?

My favorite song I've performed is the song "All Roads" off of my album The Silent Awakening. Even though I've played this song hundreds of times it never feels redundant. By the end of the song it always feels like I'm singing it for the first time.

What is your favorite instrument?

My favorite instrument is the voice. I've played the piano and guitar for many years and while I love those instruments dearly, allowing music to originate from your own body is the most amazing, indescribable feeling. I was hooked on it by the time I was 11 years old!


Thank you for taking your time, Tina.

24 comments:

Stanley said...

Wooow, Chris.

Thanks for sharing. She is amazing.

Best,
Stanley

Sue R. said...

Great post!!

I love your blog. Her music is AWESOME.

Thanks for sharing.

Xoxo,
Sue

Cassandra Higgins said...

The lost frontier took me to another galaxy, Chris.

Thank you for sharing. I love your blog, cuz you provide classy material :D

Xoxo
Cassandra

Olga from Poland said...

Sweet.

Thanks for introducing her.

Olga from Poland

Betty the lovely said...

Outstanding voice!!!

@Chris
You got the talent to pick the finest music.

Love your blog :)

X
Betty

Anonymous said...

I did not know her, but thanks to you I already enjoy her music.

Thank you Mr. Crankbox music

Xoxo,
Linda

Ashley T. said...

I am shoeless ;)

Thank you for sharing.

You run an authentic blog. Love it.

Love,
Ashley T.

Cecil E. said...

Tina is soooo amazing.

Glad to see her on crankbox.

Best,
Cecil

Christine Barker said...

I am speechless (and shoeless, haha).

I already love her music.
Thanks for sharing, Chris.

x
Christine

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous...

Love it.

Elizabeth

Ian P. said...

Outstanding.

Such wonderful music :D

Best,
Ian

Anonymous said...

I read your article and watched her video the lost frontier and I had a blast.

Thank you such MUCH for the introduction. Tina is so talented.

xo
Laura

Bill Y. said...

Great music. I hope crankbox brings more of her soon.

Greetings, Bill

Paul W. said...

Wow, Chris.

Tina is classy!

Thanks for sharing
Paul W.

Joe Peek said...

Very cool, Chris.

My nose tells me you will take some pics of that amazing lady.
And I guess we will see them here.

Keep on publishing!!!

Best,
Joe

Bjorn F. said...

I love her music.

Thanks for sharing the coverage.

Best,
Bjorn from Norway

Eric Holmes said...

Great, great music blog, Chris.

Thank your for sharing Tina's music and her story behind it.

Cheers,
Eric

Dragan said...

Super blog and super music introductions.

Hello from Serbia
Dragan

Chas D. said...

I googled for a platform for good music and I landed here.

I already love Tina's music. Can't describe it.

Please post more.

All the best,
Chas

Marcy E. said...

Hey Chris,

I have been following your blog from day 1 and you certainly know what to do to get high quality.

I really enjoy your blogzine and yeah, it is the hottest one in town!

Thanks for sharing.

Xoxo,
Marcy

Virginia H. said...

Just woke up to see what is hot, Chris.

LOVE your style.

I gotta check Tina's website out. Her music is awesome.

Hugs,
Virginia

Terry K. said...

Beautiful music.

Great blog.

Best,
Terry

Kreith W. said...

Great tunes. What a voice!

Thanks for sharing. I like your blog.

Best,
Keith

Ann Q. said...

Wow, I gotta buy Tina's new album!!!

Thanks for sharing, Chris.

Love, Ann