Monday, August 6, 2012

Layla Milou - Reborn

Story and interview by Chris Koppers, photograph courtesy of Layla Milou

Self confident, but not complacent - Layla activates the amplifier and she follows her path named fun, leaving some footprints to pursuit.
'Acces denied' is one of her recent releases and they can be watched on youtube.

Layla shares her thoughts, introduces her new album called Reborn, and talks about  her music-related feelings on crankbox-music.

--- Interview ---

You have been performing for a while now. How would you describe yourself? Are you still the same Layla when you commenced playing music at the age of 14?


No, I think I am not the same Layla as in the beginning...
In the beginning I was totally inexperienced, a little bit like "Errr, okay, what I am doing here????
But in this last 10 years I've learned many important things about myself, my music and the music business. I think, I have grown up... with my music and also as a woman.


What is your current project?

My current project is my new Album REBORN... We had finished it a few days ago. There are 11 really great rock songs on it...

Two awesome duets... The first one will be with Tony Martin (ex Black Sabbath singer) and the second one with Paul Di' Anno (ex Iron Maiden singer). That makes me really thankful and honored! The Swedish band Clawfinger had done one great remix for my new single ACCESS DENIED and Aaron Goldberg (guitar player of the American band Army Of Freshmen) played really great guitar lines in one of my songs.


What is your favorite song? Why?

A favorite song from my new album? Good question... cause, I love all this new songs.
I've worked with all of my heart, with my passion and the whole power, I had.
So it would be not okay to give one of this great songs less importance.


Where is your favorite spot to perform your music?

On stage :)
Is there an artist you would like to work with?

:) Yes, Tony Martin!

Of course, there could be a lot of other artists I would like to work with... for example Kid Rock, Alice Cooper, Billy Talent, Green Day, Rise Against, Linkin Park, Kiss or Metallica, but Tony is awsome!!!

If you had a magic wand, what would happen?

I would crown myself and start a career as the queen.......Rock queen of the world would be enough ;) woooow... HAHAHA, just joking...I think I would try to change the world to a little bit better one! After this I would try to be a "Rockstar".

What is your main channel to reach your fans?

At the moment it is Facebook, but I use YouTube, MySpace and my homepage as well...

What is the story/concept of Access denied? Who had the idea for the music video?

The story is about a fighting computer game, it's about somebody who is in the Game and had to fight... I had chosen this idea, cause there are too much people out there, love to fight in games and went out and do unbelievable thinks like this guy in the cinema in the states, who shot around at a Batman movie.

I think it's wrong to escape in a crazy and false computerworld and I think their access should better denied so that they need to solve their problems in the real world.

We tried to bring this message to the video and created an end, where the two, who first had fought, than realized, that they know each other....


What do you miss in today's music industry?

I miss a solution for the big problem, illegal downloads has been invaded the business.


Thank you for taking your time, Layla.

http://www.layla-milou.de
http://www.myspace.com/laylamilou
http://www.twitter.com/laylamilou

2 comments:

Jessy Rendall said...

Hello Chris,

you picked a talented lady. Reborn shounds goods.

Keep up your style.

Hugs,
Jessy

P.S. You should take pictures of her, Chris

Anonymous said...

Awesome music.

I hope to see more of her. Second interview?

Ryan